Posted on September 11th, 2016
This new store contains a number of new features, including:
1) Pay what you want - this allows you to set your own price for an item should you desire over the standard minimum price set (This is similar to how Bandcamp pricing is done for reference). The price you see on the page is the normal price; should you wish to pay more than the normal price for an item to support our store that is welcome, but not expected. Thank you in advance for your support.
2) Weighted Shipping - this allows for tiered shipping based on weight, and more accurate shipping totals both domestically and internationally. This means savings to you, as we are switching to a flat rate service, instead of "charge $X amount more per additional item".
Currently, for US customers, this means: up to 8oz (1,2, or 3 tapes) = $4, 8oz to 16oz (4-6 tapes) = $5, and anything over 16oz is charged at $1 per pound of weight.
For Overseas customers, we calculate based on USPS rates which currently dictate - up to 8oz = $13, 8oz to 24oz = $24 and 24 oz to 36 oz = $34. Unfortunately, we do not make these rates and have no control over how high they are. We suggest partnering with a friend to order multiple items at once, since it is the same cost to ship 1 tape as it is to ship 3.
Canadians, your rates are slightly less than the international rates, with up to 8oz = $10, and so forth.
For more detailed information and a full rate chart, please see here.
3) Pressing Information - you will note a new section on each item page that lists the specifics relating to each item - how many were made, cover details, what type of packaging, etc.
4) News page - blog that will be updated regularly with info about new artists we find interesting and new releases coming out soon.
5) Discography page - info list of all of our releases
6) We are now on Instagram, as well. Click the icon in the upper right corner to follow, or click here.
7) If you have any questions, please contact us at outofseasonlabel [at] gmail dot com or use the "Contact" link and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your Support!